Sunday, December 26, 2010

la pura vida*

la pura vida*: lying on a rock in the middle of a stream in a rainforest. one simply blissful afternoon at Sinharaja (sri lanka) looking at the forest upside down. there was a rock right by my head that dropped water down a foot, the gush lulling me into a beautiful stupor. and an hour and a half later when a voice called my name and woke me from my reverie announcing the advent of the rest of the gang, it was surreal to come back to right-side up :).
The stream in the middle of the little-logged forest

My deliciously mossy rock with the mini-fall 

upside down, a metaphor for the rainforest experience that has changed life itself for me in 2010 
Lianas and all. 
*la pura vida = Costa Rican speak for "AAAAAH *This* is life!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home