Thursday, May 26, 2005

the morning after...

... the "live-in" arrived. i am so not a "maid" person. but nevertheless am 2 maids rich today. being waited upon hand and foot. coffee as soon as i woke up, dinner last night with hot chapatis (oh by the way, we had a choice -- sookhi roti or with oil chapati), plates cleaned up after us, table spik 'n' span without my lifting a finger. actually i lifted many fingers, forgot she was there and took my plate to the sink when she gently chided me for doing so. "leave it on the table, leave it on the table," i practised to myself.

even now, sitting and blogging, resisting the urge to make myself another cuppa and summoning the strength to say "shanta, chai banao!"

i can tell, it will take a lot of getting used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home